Sunday, February 28, 2010

Method 12

I enjoyed every bit of this program. I can't make any suggestions because I think it was so well-crafted, with one thing building on the next and with real-world examples of how libraries are using these technologies.

I've always been willing to learn new things and have always wanted to keep up with new computer applications, but this has caused me to recognize how quickly one can get behind. It will make me more proactive and make me seek out new learning opportunities. I hope to retain that throughout my career.

This course has both inspired and frustrated me. I'm inspired by the potential that technology provides to interact with our patrons and provide information in ways that have never been possible before. I'm inspired by what I see other libraries doing. I'm frustrated because I know how unlikely it is that I can get people at my library to be inspired too so we could really do something with this information.

I did this program in conjunction with a co-worker and really liked using it that way. It opened up so many dialogues and lead to so many brain-storming sessions. I think it would useful for people to go through this program in pairs, if possible.

I would absolutely do another program like this, and I would love to see this program continue with new units added as new technologies emerge. I hope this same course will be available again as I would like to see other staff members at my library complete this course as well. I hope the page for this class remains up for a time as I would like to at least informally go through some of it with my staff and print some of those great articles to share. Thank you so much for this valuable information and this great course.

No comments:

Post a Comment